Anybody know much about my car? - MultiMedia - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Anybody know much about my car?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 thecuz

thecuz

MEG Commander

• Members
  • 2969 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

It's the green marble ST24, apprantly its had a fair bit of engine work (it is quick :D ) but I dont know much about it.

Top 2 are old ones, bottom one is rubbish but its the only one ive taken since I bought it. (pics don't do it justice!)

I NEED a set of white compomotives!! :shocked:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1227877045-ST24.jpg
  • 1227877181-1125151749-31.jpg
  • 1227877269-B9.jpg

Mondeo Mk2, ST24 2.5 V6 Hatch 1998 'S' with green marble effect paint.

Too many mods to list!! :D

Citroen Saxo VTS 1998 'R' in white.

#2 markyg

markyg

Fail faced tartan chodder

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 13734 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

pewtner24 or something lie that used to own it :L
Mod with a kilt. Don't make me show you what's under there...

Is Pike (aka Boabsy), and so's my wife!

Rich. MIA. Probably lost the key to his pink fluffy handcuffs and gimp suit

Out of all the members on here, I'm the most popular and widely loved one. Yes, those of you with a filthy mind did interpret that the way it was meant.

#3 thecuz

thecuz

MEG Commander

• Members
  • 2969 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

Think this one was his...

Attached Thumbnails

• 1227879539-pew.jpg

#4 Dansmondeo

Dansmondeo

Just me

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 19673 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

It was this guy's old car

http://www.fordmonde...//fromsearch/1/

BMW 523i Touring - 2.5, straight 6

BMW 523i Saloon - 2.5, straight 6, LPG

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you send the wall across the field once you've hit it.
Past Mondeos - 2001 MK3 TDDi Ghia Estate, 2000 MK2 2.0 Zetec, 2000 MK2 1.8 TD, 1997 ST24, 1995 MK1 2.0 GLX

#5 markyg

markyg

Fail faced tartan chodder

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 13734 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

It was this guy's old car

http://www.fordmonde...//fromsearch/1/

But who did he buy it off? Phil knows I think

Mod with a kilt. Don't make me show you what's under there...

Is Pike (aka Boabsy), and so's my wife!

Rich. MIA. Probably lost the key to his pink fluffy handcuffs and gimp suit

Out of all the members on here, I'm the most popular and widely loved one. Yes, those of you with a filthy mind did interpret that the way it was meant.

#6 thecuz

thecuz

MEG Commander

• Members
  • 2969 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

Help phil... :whistling: Want to know whats been done to it really as I dont have a clue and want to get it on the rollers ASAP

#7 percybigun

percybigun

Window licking mong

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 39488 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

it was JamieV6 who had all the work done on it.

AFAIK it had coilovers and camber adjusters. Jamie got the marble paint job done on it, and he had a pretty swish boot install in there.

the engine was pretty standard apart from the induction kit, mongoose exhaust, decat and nitrous system. its possible other stuff has been done to it since he had it, but looking at the photo its still got the normal v6 inlet manifold. its sold on ebay a couple of times since jamie had it AFAIK.

has it still got the NOS? i saw it do a 0-60 at silverstone in about 5.7 secs using a 75bhp shot of NOS. not bad considering it had the heavy boot install at the time.

its a very nice car indeed, make sure you get it to plenty of the shows next year.

it had this NOS bottle on the back seat:

Posted Image

here was the solenoids

Posted Image

throttle switch

Posted Image
Mk1 2.0 Ghia - Supercharged NOS etc
.________________________.
|............................................|
|.......Mk1 2.0 Zetec Turbo...... ||'|";,___.
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"' ''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

#8 thecuz

thecuz

MEG Commander

• Members
  • 2969 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

apprantly the manifolds are gas flowed (uim is painted silver), its got bigger injectors its supposed to have been chipped??

They are coilovers on the rear (not sure what make) and gmax shocks with koni springs on the front which is a bit of a strange combination I thought.

What is the paint? I need to get a little bit of rust sorted on the rear arches and a small scrape on the front bumper but dont know who will be able to match it. :( I get people asking me about it all the time and saying its pretty special :} turns a lot of heads!

NOS is still in :) got to get the bottle refilled. Have been too scared I might break it :whistling:

#9 percybigun

percybigun

Window licking mong

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 39488 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

OK i've found these pics of it which i took at mondeomania 2005, and some at ford fair 2005.

it got alot of attention at the show. it had the correct "show car" package of engine bay, boot install, plenty of oomph, and a unique exterior all done tastefully and expensively. not just a load of cheap badly-chosen ebay tat thrown onto a heap with nothing under the hood, like we seem to see so often.

fair play to ya for buying it, its a real one off with a fortune spent on it!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1227883374-P1010018.JPG
  • 1227883437-P1010019.JPG
  • 1227883521-P1010052.JPG
  • 1227883687-P1010053.JPG
  • 1227883746-P1010054.JPG
  • 1227883818-P1010076.JPG
  • 1227883916-P1010075.JPG

#10 percybigun

percybigun

Window licking mong

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 39488 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

apprantly the manifolds are gas flowed (uim is painted silver), its got bigger injectors its supposed to have been chipped??

They are coilovers on the rear (not sure what make) and gmax shocks with koni springs on the front which is a bit of a strange combination I thought.

What is the paint? I need to get a little bit of rust sorted on the rear arches and a small scrape on the front bumper but dont know who will be able to match it. :( I get people asking me about it all the time and saying its pretty special :} turns a lot of heads!

NOS is still in :) got to get the bottle refilled. Have been too scared I might break it :whistling:

i didnt know about the manifolds, chip or injectors. it didnt have that when i knew the guy, maybe its been done since. have a look near the PAS reservoir, is there an aftermarket chip box there? if not it might have been bluefinned.

maybe one of the front coilovers or shocks had broke so its had those put on the front instead?

shouldnt really mix n match coilovers and normal springs, so it might be an idea to sort that out.

one of my photo's has the name and number of the place that painted it in crawley, maybe ring them and ask for the paint code. i wouldnt have thought its gonna be easy to get bits blown in though... but maybe they could sort it?

try www.nitrousoxidesupplies.co.uk for a refill, they will collect and redeliver the bottle refilled for you.

dont use the NOS in this weather because its so cold, there will be no pressure to blow the gas out of the tank. so all you will be doing is injecting extra fuel. you really need a bottle heater and a guage, get it up to about 900psi on the guage before use. then it will run perfect and hit you like a sledgehammer when it kicks in.

if you leave the bottle in the house overnight before use (not next to a radiator) it will be around 900psi. but once you've drove somewhere, parked up etc it will be stone cold again.

it might be an idea to get the nitrous system checked out that its all working before you go and use it. in case one of the solenoids isnt working or something, you could cause engine damage.