Heater not working - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Heater not working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Just Joined TF!

• Validating
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

GJW - no, the fan blows out in all the right places iyswim.

Deffy - no, I haven't checked the pollen filter. Is it a pricey and difficult thing to do?

Denny D - There is no resistance when turning the heater knob. Just moves round as if it's working properly. Have read your thread, I'm going to have to get in the footwell and have a tinker aren't I? :} :}

#12 stripe88

stripe88

Big Megger

• Members
  • 2885 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

yea get in the footwell, best remove the panel under the steering wheel(2 screws) and the 3 screws on the heater plastic, get your head under and have a gander, you may find you can set it to hot by turning it by hand, if the heater knob has broke you can get at it by removing 2 screws in the stereo compartment, one bottom left, and one hidden behind the cig lighter panel..just clip it off, then pull out from the top and lift,then at least you can see whats going on
(based on ghiax so may be different)

Just Joined TF!

• Validating
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Cheers stripe88, here's hoping for an easy solution to a chilly problem!! :laugh:

#14 jm76

jm76

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi guys,
Sorry to bring this up again but my P Reg auto has got the same problem. I've got the panel off in the footwell but can find no trace of the valve or the end of the wire!

I've had my hand behind the switch (with radio out) and can feel the wire moving nicely as the switch knob operates. It goes from cold to hot freely.

I suppose my question is: does the auto have the same footwell heater arrangement as the manual? I've had my head in there close up and personal and can neither see nor hear any movement when the knob is moved through the range.

Getting cold in the morning guys! Help please.

John

#15 stevieb12345

stevieb12345

MEG Admiral

• Global Moderator
  • 5649 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

It's not a valve on the end of the wire it's more of a white arm that that swings up and down for hot or cold. You can't miss it if your looking in the correct place. Sound like the wire has came out of this.

Just Joined TF!

• Validating
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

Hi all

I had the same problem with my 1996 1.8 Mondeo. The heater dial was on cold and when I turned I to hot it stuck and I just pushed through it. I looked everywhere for a solution and could not find one. In the end I just took the fascia and found the problem strait away. Behind the temp dial there is stiff metal wire that as you turn the dial back and forth moves in and out of the sleeve. This piece of metal should be strait but when i forced it it bent. All you need to do is bend it back with a pair of pliers. This will however leave the wire weak and the same thing is likely to happen every time you change between hot and cold.

#17 John W

John W

Big Megger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

If yours is a mk2 I believe the flap is motor controlled and there isn't a wire cable.

John
06/98R Mk2 Verona 1.8 Hatch, Juice Green
Dim/Dip enabled.
[color:"green"]Money talks - mine says goodbye.

#18 John W

John W

Big Megger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

I've only just noticed how old this thread is! :}
06/98R Mk2 Verona 1.8 Hatch, Juice Green
Dim/Dip enabled.
[color:"green"]Money talks - mine says goodbye.