Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Whooshing noise from 2.0tdci on acceleration only

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gen2Galaxy 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 Galaxy 2.0tdci. I've noticed a whistling noise when accelerating from the engine bay. Followed by an engine check light.

If I drive slowly the whistling does not appear nor the check engine light.

Could this be a split pipe? If so, any ideas on which to check and where they are located?

Thanks.

#2 ·
#5 ·
I had a whoshing sound on my 93 400 mile 2.0tdci '07 reg Galaxy 6 speed manual - sounded like a child pretending to be a ghost... whooo... whooOOO... WHOOOOO as you accelerated, along with sluggish performance and going into "limp home mode" which would go away after a restart, but then even a restart didn't cure it and it stayed in "limp home mode." All symptoms were particularly bad in cold winter weather.

Turns out that the turbo had failed and I had to replace it along with the oil feed pipe, oil filter and new engine oil. There is still a very subtle and hushed verson of that noise after a cold start, and particularly in cold weather, but it's almost imperceptible now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.