Vacuum Hose Routing - Exhausts / Induction (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Vacuum Hose Routing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 snico

snico

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

Does anyone have a decent picture or diagram of the vacuum hose routing on MK1 petrol. I am getting a bit of stuttering after replacing the alternator and its hissing, must have knocked a pipe off, there is one connector that has no pipe to it

Tried looking at the diagram in Haynes but its quite hard to make out properly
Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 115 - 55

#2 snico

snico

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

anyone :(
Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 115 - 55

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hi there, You are lucky that I have just rebuilt my Mk1 1.8 from scratch. It was the first time as well, so I took photos so that it would go back together properly.

There are a few hoses to look for. There are two on the back of the throttle body - one of which has a 'T' shaped fitting on it.

Just underneath the Ignition Coil Pack where the HT leads fit, there should be a 'T' shaped fitting there, these have a nasty tendancy to split. I have altered the picture to give you an idea how it goes. End c. is as you see it, end a. fits to a small pipe tip on the engine block, and end b. fits onto a vacuum pipe that runs from the front of the bottom engine block and just underneath the HT ignition block.

And depending on how much has come out or gone in, there is a steel vacuum pipe that splits three ways and runs from the exhaust manifold around the passengers side of the engine. The picture illustrates two pipes (they are different diameters and will only fit one way), the third runs into the valve just to the rear of the HT block.
This valve also has a small vacuum hose that fits to it which is also illustrated.

Other than that the only other vacuum hoses I disturbed was the brake cylinder vacuum hose.

I hope this helps you.
Best of luck :driving:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1176733941-DSCF0070.JPG
  • 1176733958-DSCF0072.JPG
  • 1176733966-DSCF0077.JPG

#4 DC

DC

ACDC

• Members
  • 10587 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:19 PM