Thermostat change 2.0 tdci - Diesel Engines (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Thermostat change 2.0 tdci

thermostat 2.0tdci change

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 navodruck

navodruck

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCI
  • Name:Luka Zelenkevic

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Dear friends, help me. Im maybe blind, but i cant locate my thersmostat , i have bought new but cant see where old is located. Searched google too, no help. And second question , can i directly replace old thermostat with new,  and then just let car to reach its normal temp, to get air out of cooling system, and them pour antifreeze . 

#2 arcon

arcon

I could do with a profile pic

• Members
  • 1855 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 02

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Follow back the top pipe on the radiator to the thermostat housing.

Don't run the car without coolant! It also acts as a lubricant for the water pump. Just add coolant, leave engine to run, maybe put some revs on, and check level after optimum temperature has started to maintain. Also turn on in car heater.
Personally I would let it find its own level assuming cars getting heat and temp is stable.

#3 mondeo zetec

mondeo zetec

TF regular

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 duratorq
  • Name:sean FINCH

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

what engine...?

if 2.0 tdci you cant find the thermostat it is located on the right side of engine just above gearbox in a plastic moulding 

you need to change the whole assembly  look here for the part you need for a 2.0 tdci 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item233167fb00

#4 navodruck

navodruck

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCI
  • Name:Luka Zelenkevic

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

what engine...?

if 2.0 tdci you cant find the thermostat it is located on the right side of engine just above gearbox in a plastic moulding 

you need to change the whole assembly  look here for the part you need for a 2.0 tdci 

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item233167fb00

Yup i just bought yesterday this whole part . Will try to change it , fill up coolant, and let car reach its normal temp. :)

I just wanted to ask more, how much coolant i should buy , 5 Litres or more , color red ? as in manual it writen coolant system 8,1 L.  But i dont know how much will leak when i will change.

Edited by navodruck, 19 February 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#5 arcon

arcon

I could do with a profile pic

• Members
  • 1855 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 02

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

Same colour as already in. Just fill to near max, run to optimum temp, engine off and allow a few mins to settle. Check level. It won't drop as much as your expecting. Keep some premixed in boot if ya want.
I'd mix a couple litres. Then mix some more if needed.
I always find I refill with much less than expected

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users