Petrol Fuel Filter Change - Use a Rubber Belt type Oil Filter Tool. - 1.8L / 2.0L Duratec Petrol Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Petrol Fuel Filter Change - Use a Rubber Belt type Oil Filter Tool.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flounder

Flounder

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus Mk2.5 Titanium

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

I changed the fuel filter for the first time ever last week on the Mondy (2.0 Duratec)!

Judging by the Ford branding all over it, it may have been the original. It all went pretty smoothly apart from getting the new filter into the retaining bracket. You're supposed to loosen a rusty little (6mm IIRC) bolt to open up the band, put the new filter in the bracket, tighten down the bolt, hook up the lines, then bolt the bracket to the car.

Well! Even with the bolt loosened, the filter is a very tight fit in the bracket. Unscrew it completely, and you wont get the bolt hole in the band to line up with the hole in the bracket. I could only get it in place by smearing vaseline on the bracket band, then working the filter in by turning it in bit by bit with one of those rubber belt type oil filter tools.

I hope this saves someone 10 minutes or so of swearing/headscratching.

ps plusgas was a lifesaver getting that rusty wee bolt moving!

FreshFuelFilterforFord.jpg

#2 stripe88

stripe88

Big Megger

• Members
  • 2885 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2l ghiax

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

yes been there, very awkward to line the bolt and hold the clamp with only two hands. mole grips help but best to try and just loosen the bolt enough to slide the filter out.

#3 Krezas

Krezas

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Egis

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

what kind of gaskets are used out of the filter line to the engine. In my case I found three gaskets: yellow (rubber), green (rubber) and grey (plastic). But I didn't find any gaskets in new filter box (bosch) therefore I resued the old gaskets. Problem in my case is that fuel is leaking after filter replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users