Are front doors interchangeable? - Interior / Exterior (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Are front doors interchangeable?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blackestate

blackestate

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.8 estate
  • Name:Neil

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

The passenger side front door on my facelift estate is going rusty across the bottom, I'm going to attack the rust and paint it in for now, but sooner or later another door would probably be the best long term solution. Does anyone know if the front door from a hatch/saloon is the same as that fitted to my estate. Also are the pre-facelift front doors the same?
Basically if all doors are the same I stand a lot better chance of finding a good panther black door if I can buy any mk3 front door safe in the knowledge that it'll fit.
Thanks.
1.8LX estate. Now with rear courtesy light, walnut dash & steering wheel, powerfold mirrors with puddle lights, front foglights, de-badged & full leather heated & cooled seats, retro-fitted electric rear windows, private plate, custom fit blinds, colour coded door handles, blackeyed headlamps, colour coded grill, Eibach springs, auto dimming rear view mirror.

#2 shane24v

shane24v

Little Megger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

will be watching this for the answer as i need to replace my front and rear door on my estate.

#3 KAZUYADOG

KAZUYADOG

I'm Bang Tidy

• Members
  • 9516 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MONDEO 2.5T TIT X
  • Name:Mick

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

The front doors are all the same Hatch/Saloon/Estate,all you will find different are the trim levels on the inside.Some models
you will find with an attached door bump strip.

The rear doors Hatch and Saloon are the same.

The rear doors on the Estate only for the Estate.

MY ST220 ON THE DYNO AT DREAMSCIENCE DREAMSCIENCE DYNO WITH POWER OUPUT

2006 Final Facelift ST220 in Stardust Silver - Owner is a Fan Boy.
Now with its very first MOT.Second MOT passed today 6-July-2010.
19" Arden Sportline Alloys (German Jaguar) - 20" MS Design Alloys (For Shows)
This BOY - Is pure Chaka Chaka and Bang Tidy.
Dreamscience 251 bhp 215 lbf.ft - Bluefin Stg Two 241 bhp 211 lbf.ft

#4 compuwiz_uk

compuwiz_uk

Global Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 19696 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2001 1.8 Mk3 Mondeo

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

as per above, biggest problem you face is getting one with/without bump strips as per your requirements the rest of the differences between pre & post facelift models can simply be removed from the pre-face door & put in from your post-facelift door instead :L ( the differences would not stop the door fitting & working as it would fit & work spot on, just there is less wiring in the pre-face so you would loose puddle lights & powerfold if you have it now & other than that, the car would look wonky from the front as one mirror would be bigger than the other :} )

Too many mods to list in here but they can be seen here

Most Common MK3 Question / Problems have solutions listed in the WIKI - Click Here

Ford Etis Vehicle Information - Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users