- Ford Sollers starts production of its most affordable vehicle, the new Fiesta four-door sedan and five-door hatchback at its modernized plant in Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan
- New Ford Fiesta will feature 100 local components once equipped with Russia-built engines from early 2016
- Car has been tailored for Russian customer needs road and climate conditions by the local Ford Sollers R&D center
- Ford Sollers launching four new Ford models in 2015; Ford vehicle line-up amongst the freshest in the Russian auto industry
Ford Sollers, a joint venture of Ford Motor Company and OJSC Sollers in Russia, today started production of the new Fiesta four-door sedan and five-door hatchback at its modernized plant in Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.
Rustam Minnikhanov, president of the Republic of Tatarstan, attended today’s event at the Ford Sollers Naberzhnye Chelny which saw the first Russian-built Fiestas come off the assembly line.
“The new Ford Fiesta manufactured in Russia is built to Ford global quality standards and specifically-tailored to the needs of our Russian customers,” said Ted Cannis, president and CEO, Ford Sollers. “Fiesta completes the Ford range which is now one of the freshest in the Russian auto industry, and which offers a great Ford product in almost every major market segment.”
The new Fiesta will be the most affordable Ford car in Russia and comes in four specification levels, including the top-of-the-range Titanium series. The car debuts in Russia with a 1.6-litre petrol engine (85 hp, 105 hp, and 120 hp), with the choice of 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic Powershift transmission. On the road, the new Fiesta offers class-leading driving quality and comfort while retaining Fiesta’s signature sporty handling.
Fiesta is the second Ford vehicle to be built at the Ford Sollers fully-modernized assembly plant in Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan, and follows the successful production launch of the Ford EcoSport sub-compact SUV late last year.
“The Fiesta has an unprecedentedly high level of local content; we are sourcing more than 100 components from local suppliers,” said Adil Shirinov, executive director and chief operating officer, Ford Sollers. “Starting from 2016, the new Ford Fiesta in Russia will also be equipped with engines manufactured at the new Ford Sollers’ engine plant in Elabuga.”
The Fiesta’s attractive design and great driving dynamics have made it Europe’s No.1 top-selling car in its segment for the past three years*. The new Fiesta has proven a popular customer choice not only in Europe, but also in the U.S. and around the world. Fiesta also has won awards for its outstanding technological innovation, and received the prestigious Red Dot Design Award.
The Fiesta also has been engineered with safety as a top priority, as proven by its Euro NCAP maximum five-star safety rating.
Meeting Russian customer needs
The Fiesta brings the best of Ford’s global quality, technology and design to Russian customers.
It has been specially-tailored to meet the needs of Russian customers by Ford Sollers’ R&D team, and has been subjected to numerous tests to meet local road and climate conditions. As a result, the Russian-built Fiesta features an increased ground clearance, an engine calibrated for RON 92, plus enhanced winter options.
Ford Sollers is launching four new Ford models in 2015, including the Ford Fiesta, the all-new Ford Mondeo launched this April, and the new Ford Focus. This will make the Ford vehicle line-up one of the freshest in the Russian auto industry.
* Ford sold 308,999 Fiestas in Europe in 2014, making it the top-selling small car in Europe for the third year running. JATO Dynamics results are based on information provided by JATO Consult, the company’s bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 30 European countries. For more information please visit www.jato.com.
Ford Sollers Holding Limited Liability Company, Leningradskaya Street,
Estate 39, Bldg. 5, Khimki, Moscow Region, 141400, Russia,
Telephone + 7 495 777 85 38, Facsimile + 7 495 745 97 00,