- New Ford Mondeo Vignale is the first model in a new range of Ford Vignale vehicles that offers customers an upscale product and personalised ownership experience
- Models are hand-finished by dedicated craftspeople, the latest technology supports 100 additional quality checks at new Vignale Centre in Valencia, Spain
- Mondeo Vignale delivers superior refinement with European debut of Ford’s Active Noise Cancellation; offers enhanced sound insulation, and integral link rear suspension
- Premium specification includes Pedestrian Detection, Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, and high‑power bi-turbo 2.0-litre TDCi and hybrid powertrains
- Contemporary design cues – with tuxedo-stitched quilted leather – are influenced by coachbuilder Alfredo Vignale, latest trends in architecture and fashion
- New Vignale Lounge within FordStores complements Ford’s new upscale product and ownership experience, offers dedicated Ford Vignale Relationship Managers and bespoke services
The new Ford Mondeo Vignale, the first vehicle in a new range of upscale Ford Vignale products, delivers quality craftsmanship, superior refinement, and exclusive specification. Each model is hand-finished by dedicated craftspeople in a meticulous process that also includes high-tech production techniques and 100 additional quality checks.
The first model in Europe to offer Ford’s Active Noise Cancellation, the new Ford Mondeo Vignale also offers enhanced sound insulation, and integral link rear suspension. Available in four-door and wagon bodystyles, Mondeo Vignale delivers premium specification that includes Pedestrian Detection, Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, and high-power bi‑turbo 2.0-litre TDCi and hybrid powertrains. Contemporary design cues are influenced by iconic Italian coachbuilder Alfredo Vignale.
“Ford Vignale is the highest expression of the Ford brand in Europe, combining premium design and craftsmanship with a unique, time-saving ownership experience,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. “Our vision for Vignale is to create a modern, contemporary upscale experience that is a valued part of customers’ lives.”
Customers can now use Ford’s new dedicated Ford Vignale Internet destination and online configurator to explore options and pricing. The Ford Vignale Mondeo is available to pre-order this month, and later this year Ford will introduce the Ford S-MAX Vignale.
Vignale customers also receive personalised service tailored to their needs for the lifetime of their vehicle ownership, supported by a Ford Vignale Relationship Manager and 24 hour free‑phone assistance from the Vignale One Call service.
Handcrafted and individually tailored
Each Ford Mondeo Vignale is hand-finished by six master craftspeople at the new state‑of‑the‑art Vignale Centre at Ford’s manufacturing facility in Valencia, Spain. The latest laser and camera technology supports the trained eye in closely examining every aspect of a Vignale vehicle from bodyshell and panel alignment to paint finish.
Passionate about precision and attention to detail, experts spend more than two hours hand‑polishing the paintwork to create the perfect high-gloss finish; and also carefully scrutinise the fine detailing and stitching of 40 individual laser-cut pieces of leather trim fitted to each seat.
Ford worked for two-and-a-half years to perfect the design of the Vignale seats that are inspired by luxurious handmade leather goods, and require 110 per cent more leather for greater coverage, as well as 50 per cent more sewing time.
Each hide that goes into the full-grain premium Windsor Leather undergoes a rigorous selection process and natural markings are minimised. This enhances the appearance for the unique Vignale hexagonal quilting and tuxedo stitching with soft-touch elements that extend to the instrument panel, centre console, arm-rest, and door top-rolls. Finished parts are exposed to the sun to ensure that even over time the surface appearance remains consistent.
The Ford Mondeo Vignale delivers a quiet, smooth and comfortable ride using sophisticated technologies and an advanced chassis structure. The Active Noise Cancellation system* employs three microphones, strategically placed throughout the cabin, to monitor engine noise in the interior. The system then directs opposing sound waves through the audio system to cancel out engine noise and improve cabin ambience.
The interior also features enhanced sound insulation to better isolate road noise from the cabin, acoustic glass helping to reduce wind noise to levels normally experienced only in the premium segment.
Ford’s integral link rear suspension offers a smooth ride in particular for rear seat passengers and reduces noise levels by allowing the wheel to move further rearwards on impact with bumps. For front passengers, comfort is enhanced by Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion massage. Designed to reduce muscle fatigue particularly on longer journeys, the seats use 11 inflatable cushions for an unobtrusive massaging effect on thighs, bottom and lower back.
The new Ford Mondeo Vignale exterior offers a sleek, emotive design that reflects the latest Ford global design language. Exclusive details include:
- An upper grille featuring unique Vignale hexagonal design in dark matt metallic finish and with a polished aluminium surround
- A high-gloss lower grille with chrome bars
- Dual chrome exhausts with polished aluminium surround and matte-coloured trim
- Chrome door details
- A high-gloss finish for the windshield pillar and door mirror base, and for the central and rear window pillars
- Dedicated 18-inch and optional 19-inch Vignale lustre nickel alloy wheels and exclusive colour Vignale Nocciola
Every Ford Vignale model features an exclusive Vignale script, inspired by Alfredo Vignale’s signature. The positioning of all badges, trim and exterior ornamentation is precisely checked by the Vignale team using laser gauges. Metallic paint is standard, with further options including Vignale Black, Vignale Silver and premium four-coat Vignale White.
“The latest trends from the worlds of architecture and fashion combine to create an elegant place with a sense of luxury, and a feeling of timelessness for Ford Vignale Mondeo – alongside the very latest advanced technologies,” said Chris Bird, design director, Global Colour, Materials and Vehicle Personalisation.
Premium technology and powertrains
The Ford Mondeo Vignale offers sophisticated driver assistance technologies and equipment that contribute to a simplified and stress-free experience. Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection can reduce the severity of some frontal collisions involving vehicles and pedestrians, or help drivers avoid some impacts altogether. Also available are:
- SYNC 2, delivered as standard and enabling drivers to operate phone, entertainment, climate and navigation systems using simple conversational language. The system can even bring up a list of local restaurants with a simple voice command: “I’m hungry”
- Active Park Assist featuring Perpendicular Parking enables drivers to detect suitably-sized parking spaces and reverse hands-free into them
- Traffic Sign Recognition, delivered as standard and providing drivers with the latest detected speed limit, cancellation signs and overtaking restrictions via the instrument cluster display
- Active City Stop, which will apply automatic braking to mitigate or avoid a collision with a vehicle ahead at speeds of up to 40 km/h (25 mph)
- Ford Dynamic LED headlights, which combine the daylight-mimicking light clarity of full-LED headlamps with Ford’s Adaptive Front Lighting System that adjusts the headlight beam angle and intensity to match the driving environment
An advanced Sony DAB audio and navigation system with 12 hi-fidelity speakers also is offered, and comfort and convenience are further enhanced for drivers with features including a power-adjustable, memory-equipped steering column, power tailgate and heated steering wheel.
Improving safety for rear-seat passengers, Ford’s industry-first Inflatable Rear Seatbelts rapidly expand in the event of an accident to disperse crash forces across a body area five times greater than that achieved by a conventional seatbelt.
The Ford Mondeo Vignale is offered with high-power engines including 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel engines, and Ford’s 187 PS petrol-electric hybrid powertrain. The 2.0-litre EcoBoost is available with 203 PS and 240 PS and a six-speed automatic transmission. The 180 PS 2.0-litre TDCi is offered with six-speed manual and PowerShift automatic transmissions, and with Ford’s Intelligent AWD system that delivers seamless transition between front-wheel drive and all-wheel-drive performance.
Also available is Ford’s new 210 PS Bi-turbo 2.0-litre TDCi engine which enables faster response and 450 Nm of torque from 2000 rpm for effortless and fuel-efficient cruising.
The Vignale experience
Ford Vignale consists of three key elements, a unique product, lifestyle elements, and a dedicated experience. A key component of the Ford Vignale experience, the Vignale Lounge is being launched as an integral part of the FordStores that Ford is introducing across Europe –
offering a new seamless way of experiencing the full range of Ford products and services.
The Vignale Lounge provides an environment designed to ensure customers feel valued and respected, relaxed and comfortable. Luxurious, sensorial, and demonstrating a high level of attention to detail, each Vignale Lounge complements perfectly the vehicle range. Both are designed by the same Ford Design team.
The Vignale Lounge also will offer a dedicated Ford Vignale Relationship Manager and a personalised service. Ford Vignale Relationship Managers will assist customers in configuring vehicles, displaying information on a specially designed touch table, and tablet devices.
The Vignale story
Alfredo Vignale was one of the first coachbuilders, or carrozzeria, to see a car as something that could be personalised with unique, made-to-measure designs. Vignale learned his craft with master coachbuilder Pinin Farina, before creating his own iconic designs for Italian automobile makers under his own name, taking advantage of new fabrication techniques developed by the aviation industry. From 1948 until 1969, the Vignale Carrozzeria, near Turin, attracted customers from around the world.
“When creating the Ford Mondeo Vignale’s sense of luxury, our goal was to reflect the timeless design and bespoke approach of the early coachbuilders,” Bird said. “The passion for detail that informed Alfredo Vignale’s designs is clearly visible in our new interpretation of Vignale.”