- Ford increases production at its German assembly plants in Saarlouis and Cologne, to meet growing customer demand
- Ford Fiesta production in Cologne to increase in February by 300 units a day to 1,850 vehicles; additional weekend shifts planned
- Ford Focus, C-MAX and Grand C-MAX production in Saarlouis to increase by 240 units per day to 1,770 vehicles
- In 2014, Ford’s European market share rose by 0.2 percentage points to 8.0 per cent in 2014, the highest level since 2011
Ford is increasing production at its assembly plants in Saarlouis and Cologne, Germany, to meet growing demand for several top-selling vehicles.
From next week, Ford is increasing production of the Focus, C-MAX and Grand C-MAX at the Saarlouis plant by 240 units per day to 1,770 vehicles. The Ford Focus and C-MAX are Ford’s second and third best-selling vehicles in Europe.
In February, Ford’s plant in Cologne will increase production of the Ford Fiesta by 300 units a day to 1,850 vehicles and six additional weekend shifts have been scheduled in January and February. The Fiesta is Ford’s No.1 best-selling vehicle in Europe, and is on-track to become Europe’s No.1 best-selling small car for 2014 for the third successive year.
“We are ramping up production of some of our top-selling models to meet growing demand from Ford customers as well as the normal industry sales increase in the first half of the year,” said Jeff Wood, vice president, Manufacturing, Ford of Europe.
Ford last week reported its 2014 sales* increased by 7.3 per cent compared to 2013, outpacing total industry growth. Ford’s total vehicle market share rose 0.2 percentage points to 8.0 per cent – its highest level since 2011. Ford remained Europe’s No.2 top-selling vehicle brand.
This year will be one of the busiest years ever for Ford of Europe in terms of new vehicle introductions. In addition to the full roll out of the new Focus and all-new Mondeo, Ford will launch the new versions of the Galaxy, S-MAX, C‑MAX, Grand C-MAX, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, Focus ST and Focus ST diesel, Mustang fastback and convertible, and refreshed versions of EcoSport, Ranger, Transit Connect and Tourneo Connect. The all-new Edge SUV will go into production in late 2015.
* Ford of Europe reports its sales for the 20 European main markets where it is represented through National Sales Companies. The Euro 20 markets are: Austria, Belgium, Britain, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Sweden and Switzerland.